Why pay Church Tax?
You help the Church…
Thanks to our members’ economic support, our Diocese can now - and henceforth – fulfil its tasks.
With everyone’s support for the Church Tax Scheme, the Diocese will be in a position to deal with the expenses we incur on a continuous basis. See below:
- Maintenance of our churches and buildings
- Salary for priests and other employees
- Expenses for joint activities, for example, the Pastoral Centre, St Andreas library, Øm Manor and the publishing of our Catholic newspaper ‘Katolsk Orientering’
- The launching of several new activities within the areas of communicating and preaching the faith
- Helping, for example, people in need and Christians in missionary countries
… and you help your Parish
For every 1000 kroner you pay in Church Tax:
- 600 kroner goes back to your Parish
- 250 kroner goes to priests’ salaries
- 150 kroner goes to the Diocese’s common activities, including property maintenance and daily operations.
(source: The Diocesan Website)
For further information about Church Tax, please go to the Diocesan Website:
https://www.katolsk.dk/den-katolske- kirke-i- danmark/
Or download the Tax Registration file (in English):
Thank you for your support! (-: